Thursday 25 August 2011

Kids, they crack me up.

So we have had two absolute corkers from our daughter this past few days and I thought they were funny enough to share.

The first happened 3 days ago and while my beautiful girl was in a stinky mood and got a talking to about her attitude, as soon as I had a moment to myself I had to laugh.

So we went to spotlight together as I needed a wig for a fancy dress party in a week. Alex managed to find a mermaid tail and desperately want it. This is how the conversation went:

A: I want the ariel mermaid tail.
M: No sweetie, we are not here to buy that today.
A: Buuuuttttt IIIII waaaaannnnttt itttttt.
M: No hunny, but we can put it on your birthday list and see what happens if you like.
A: No. I.want.it.now.
M: Alexis, I said no, that is final.
A: muuuuuummmmmmyyyyyyyy.
M: Please stop whinging Alexis.
A: (Said in very rude voice) Does it really matter to YOU if I whinge?
M: Yes it does, it is awful to listen to, please stop.
A: Fine, Daddy will buy it for me.

This kid just makes it hard not to burst out laughing when she comes out with stuff like this.

The second one happened last night. I was tucking her in about 11.30pm as I was heading to bed. As I put her blankets over here she opened her eyes up wide and wasn't blinking and she said  "I.don't.want.too." quite angrily. I realised at that point she was still fast asleep just with her eyes open.

So I said "It's ok baby, just tucking you in" and she got even angrier and sat up a little to say in an even sterner voice "I.don't want.too.", I just said "ok baby, go back to sleep" so then she sat right up, put her face right up in front of mine, held two little fingers up and said "I said I DON'T WANT TWO!", so I said ok you can have one and she laid back down and went to sleep.

Kids, a constant source of entertainment and amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment